Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day eighty-six

Forgot to post this yesterday... I didn't cheat and not write 15min I promise... ask Twan! Excerpt from a project.

A nightmare. I’m in a nightmare. the bottom of my soles grip the heavy ground like an ivy tendril that grasps a tree trunk. Tad finally jolts me. “What’s her damn problem?” he says. The words come sharp like an e string on a guitar. I shrug. I replay the moment fast forwarding and rewinding, I edit different angles of my memory. I clutch the rock in my pocket. Take it out and begin to polish it with my shirt. The tiger’s eye in my hand still reminds me of your eyes. Should I have remained silent like a graveyard statue when you passed by? Should I have said something else, anything else, as long it wasn’t hey? I’m silent and remain silent for the rest of the day, and I’m afraid to open my mouth, afraid that you will hate me, afraid that you would stop talking too, afraid.

Approx 30min

No comments:

Post a Comment