Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day sixty-nine

Muse

You deserve better more fertile
minds. But, you are stuck with me.
I don't appreciate you anymore, my
belly swollen, my energy fades and fades.
I want you back, the way an alcoholic longs
for the bottle under his bed. I treat you
like shit, slap you when I don't mean to
kick you when you're on the ground. Each
apology a broken promise. Should I be surprised
you left? You always threatened with bags packed
I'm leaving now, Cris, I'm leaving. I didn't believe
you. Ignored everything you said. Told you I can
do this on my own, I don't need you. But it was
all a lie. I need you more now. And though you've
heard I'll change, I'll change, a thousand times
over. This time I really will, and I will take
the eight steps.

15:21

No comments:

Post a Comment