Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day sixty-six

"Be still, and know that I am God" - Psalm 46:10

Why I want to be a writer

Because I can't paint or sing.
My hands tremble, my voice trembles.
But at the keyboard there is stillness.
The click click click of keys, rhythmic
like drum beats, flows from my finger tips.
At his date fifty years ago, some poor
fool was typing rhythmic madness on
another machine. One made of metal
that clang at each line break. I am
connected to him and the fools before
him with quill and ink, scratching madly
at parchment paper. We all are chained
to our own minds, watching the Muse
come and go as she pleases, and like
a ghost, we can't catch her.

15:55

I don't know why I'm compelled to write down bible verses.
Inspired by O'hara's "Why I am not a Painter"

No comments:

Post a Comment