Monday, September 13, 2010

Day thirty-five

Disclaimer: This post is a little late in the night and I'm very fatigued.
For this entry I used a creative method of brain storming called a bubble diagram. Basically I start out with five bubbles. My five bubbles contain the words "Color, Smell, Sound, Weight, Emotion" Then for each bubble I write out the first five things that immediately come to mind. So for this example and future reference I'll just display what I've written:

Color:
blue
green
yellow
beige
pink

Emotion:
love
sadness
happy
joy
depression

Smell:
bagels
ozone
chicken
roses
popcorn

Weight:
ounces
pounds
light
heavy
simple

Sound:
tapping
laughter
birds
music
drums

Now for each word under the main word I think of five other words. So for this example we will use green

Green:
trees
grass
christmas
latency
eyes

So imagine a page full of words. You take bits and pieces of words to form lines in poems. For example:

The smell of ozone from the heavy drums of blue lightning.
or

Joy is the sound and smell of fried chicken popping like popcorn on Christmas morning.

You can use any combination of five words, or as many words as you want and you can add five words to as many existing words as you want. As long as the words you are writing come immediately to mind. When you are done with all your words start making connections between random words using existing ones. I spent too much time explaining this. Tomorrow I'll write a poem out of this exercise and post a picture of my actual diagram using paint or something.

20:45

No comments:

Post a Comment