Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day thirty-four

Three Masks

I wear three masks. one made
of paper, another of plastic, the last
of metal. The paper mask, flimsy
and frail, wrinkles at the slightest touch--
It creases and bends with ease and a mere
whisper wrinkles it's skin. When I'm
alone I wear the paper one. Too brittle
for public if it's exposed it slowly
disintegrates as though on fire.
The plastic mask molds easily to any situation--
It's the consistency of gel. Words
mold it and it becomes whatever
it touches. When I'm in public
I wear this one. It flows like water
dragged by wind. It will never tear
or break. The last mask I almost never
wear. The metal one never bends or breaks.
It's hard like iron and heavy too. I wear
this gargoyle ugly mask when I'm angry,
Sometimes it is too hard to pick up
and like the paper mask if I wear it
too long it falls apart.

15:08

No comments:

Post a Comment