Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day twenty-four

Personal

My girlfriend broke up with me a few days
ago. I think it was for the best. She didn't love
me. I wonder how long she actually knew. I wish
her the best. It's exactly like the song, "Breakeven"
from The Script: "Her best days will be some of my
worst / She finally met a man that's gonna put her
first / While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping /
'cause when the heart breaks no it don't break even."
Sometimes my mind is preoccupied with notions
of what could have been. Such a strange phrase.
I've turned back to focus on writing. I bought
this book, Write: 10 Days to Overcome Writer's Block. Period.
by Karen E. Peterson. She has a Ph.D. in psychology
and a a couple degrees in English. In her book she says:
"If you are a writer at heart, you need to express yourself
to feel fully alive. If you don't write, then something might
go unsaid--and you'll remain hidden". I haven't read
all of the book, but it seems promising. I'm thinking
about returning to the motherland. My uncle has
generously offered to find me employment. Right
now I'm not very happy with my employment
situation. There's nothing left to be said for today.

15:27

No comments:

Post a Comment