Friday, September 10, 2010

Day thirty-two

Part of a larger project I'm working on with the TF
The formatting is off from the original again


Your shoulder feels stiff like a tree branch. Did I

hold you too tightly? Are you like dandelion seeds

ready to blow away at a mere whisper? I must

look like a fish to you as my mouth opens and closes

trying to find the right words to say. When you mention

the note I’m relieved. My brain says over and over again

“you got the message, you got the message!” I can feel

the adrenaline rush slowly end. Pieces of gravel stab

into my back, I can still feel my arms and legs. A good

sign. There’s a hot feeling on my left arm. The one

that’s not touching you. Someone smeared something

red across my forearm. I let you go. Dab my left arm

and realize that I’m bleeding. You look worried, about

to cry. I try my best to smile and say in a bad British

accent “It’s just a flesh wound”. Tad shakes his head

and frowns as he says “I called your mom, she’s coming

to pick you up”. I mutter “thanks”. The one thing I need

right now is you to see my crazy mother. “So you live

around here?” I ask. Your face turns from sadness

into anger faster than the chameleon’s tongue I saw

on a nature special, so quickly that I don’t have time

to react. Did I say something wrong? My body aches

as it finally realizes that I’ve been in a crash. Lightheaded,

I apologize. Try to smile as I wince at the pain. It felt

as though I was body slammed by my favorite wrestler.

A hear a car coming and honking. I close my eyes. My

mother has arrived.

21:27


No comments:

Post a Comment